What are the most romantic places in the Capital Region to “pop the question”. Our region of New York has a diverse landscape. From mountain tops to lake shores, river views and fields and farms. You are only limited by your imagination.
Here is our list of romantic places:
- Whiteface Mountain: A mountain top proposal with views
- Letchworth State Park is known as the Grand Canyon of the East. It has three major waterfalls and was recently named one of the stop 5 romantic spots by Reserve America
- How about a private balloon flight or even a whole festival of balloons. Proposing in a hot air balloon looking over the historic towns of Saratoga or Villages of Lake George is about as romantic as you can get.
- The Albany Yacht Club is on the east bank of the Hudson River and has a beautiful backdrop of the Capitol building and Empire State Plaza. Combine that with an amazing sunset and you will get a yes for sure.
- A picnic in Congress Park can lead to anything, why not a marriage proposal?
- Yaddo Gardens is made for romance. The surrounding beauty and breathtaking scenery will set the mood.
- Pick one of our ski mountains to propose on a Gondola after a day of skiing and hot chocolate.
- Mirror Lake Inn is a four diamond resort. The perfect place for you to give a diamond ring to the one you love. Escape with a couples getaway and have a truly romantic experience.
- There are a number of ice skating rinks in the area. Empire State Plaza Ice Rink, Frear Park Ice Rink, as well as several indoor rinks. Some rinks even let you select a song to propose to!
- Visit the Ice castles in Lake George for a truly fairy tale like experience. The ice castle is about an acre in size and contains tunnels, alcoves, mazes, caverns and slides.
- Winters are made for romantic fireplace settings. A fireside proposal with the one you love is an ideal way to turn up the heat.
- Take a look through some of the fabulous properties on Air BnB. Saratoga Lakefront, historic 1800’s home, a gentlemen’s farm, charming carriage house and more! There is something for every taste. The perfect way to make your proposal more unique!
- Thacher State Park offers diverse landscape and the perfect location for picture perfect engagement photos.
- In Fulton County, you can climb a top Kane Mountain Fire Tower. The view from the top of this tower is truly beautiful and the trail to the Tower is one of the more easier ascents.
Where did YOU pop the question? Tell us about your engagement story by 2/8/2022 for a chance to win a $100 gift card from N. Fox Jewelers.